• To Diagnose, repair, develop and maintain vehicle electrical and electronic systems and sub-systems, reporting to the engineer with overall responsibility.
• Engineering HNC or equivalent relevant qualification and experience.
• Correct and safe removal, replacement, adjustment and testing of all vehicle electrical/electronic components and systems including hybrid and electric vehicles.
• Electrical and Electronic Systems design and development. These systems may include Control Systems, CAN Networks, Interior Systems, EMC and High Voltage applications.
• Hands on electrical/electronic systems integration.
• Vehicle loom design modification and build.
• System performance testing
• To have good working knowledge of vehicle mechanical systems
• Good communication and team working ethic with capability to work on own initiative and without supervision whether in RTL workshops, customer sites or in the field.
• Be proficient and safely operate all workshop equipment and hand tools pertaining to the above tasks.
• Work from verbal direction, written instructions, sketches, detail drawings and service manual instruction in accordance with all Health & Safety and Quality & Environmental policies affecting the working area.
• Support with release and sign-off documentation, manufacture and assembly feasibility and production supplier/customer liaison.
• Any other task deemed to be within your technical capabilities.
All of the above to be performed as part of a team utilising PC based project management tools for planning, tracking, and general documentation of the design and development function. The technician will also be responsible for the input of resource definition and allocation for projects to ensure efficient use and compliance with budget estimates. Although most work will be carried out from existing Revolve and customer facilities, short duration travel should be expected.
• The candidate would need to be degree qualified in Automotive, Mechanical or Electronics Engineering.
• Have an Automotive background or an interest in some or all of the following:
• Engine electronic control system calibration
• Engine test
• Vehicle test
• Engine performance development
• Emissions development
• Intake system design and development
• Exhaust system design and development
• Exhaust after treatment systems
• Hybrid and fuel cell vehicle.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Involvement in a broad range of programs, supervised by more experienced engineers, to gain experience of and develop a wide range of technical and business skills, as required to support delivery of projects undertaken by the company.
• This experience would typically cover Engineering Design and Development of a range of technical disciplines; Project Management of Timing, Cost/Finance, Resources; Customer Relations including Quotations and Status Reviews, etc.
• Responsibility will increase commensurate with experience and capability.
• Specific R+R may include the following:
• Design: Initiate and supervise detailed layout and design work on gasoline and diesel engine components/systems leading to detailed drawing information/engineering specifications and releases. Ensure engineering changes are implemented into production by following up with Suppliers, Purchasing and Manufacturing Plants.
• Development: Develop design verification plans and perform development activities through to engineering sign off incorporating CAE, rig and vehicle tests as appropriate.
• Project Management: Liaise with Customers and Suppliers to develop targets and workplans. Manage the projects ensure that programme targets and deliverables such as performance cost, weight, function, quality and timing.
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organisational and time management skills as well as ambition, flexibility and confidence coupled with creativity, imagination, a desire to learn and a willingness to take responsibility.
• Work in accordance with all Health & Safety and Quality & Environmental policies affecting his working area, including administrative Project Management processes.
• Perform other duties, as required, judged by your supervising Engineer to be within your capability.